It's a beautiful view, errrr, it
was.
We were with our friends Micah and Melanie. There was tail-gaiting, football throwing, and perhaps one too many drinks had for the pregame. As we meandered our way through the throngs of people toward the entrance, we couldn't help but notice how drunk people were already.
We found our seats, Melanie had done well. The view like the one we had it was worth it. We were pretty sure we could keep our conversation PG. We took our seats and waited for the start of the game.
Paul handed me the little mini Brewer's baseball cap with cheese curds in it. I was so happy he remembered that is all I wanted and talked about before the game. I still have it sitting on my desk as I type this. We all settled in and Melanie bought a 9.00 Summer Shandy.
About 3 innings in, I happened to look over at Micah. He was sitting somewhat upright with his head bent forward. I noticed a line of drool running from him lip down to his shirt. I sort of chuckled to myself and pointed it out to Melanie. We knew he was tired because he is a truck driver and was up super early and not running on a lot of sleep.
We pointed it out to Paul and he had a nice chuckle. We didn't think much of it until the incident during the 5th inning. Melanie had gotten another drink and I had stolen the one from Micah's hand while he caught up on sleep. Within a few minutes of ordering her beer, at least 4 security personnel showed up along the steps to our seats and two right in front of us.
They asked Melanie if we knew who he was. I explained that he was sleeping because he had a long day. They kept asking if he had anything to drink. Not just asking, demanding to know an answer like we were some sort of wanted criminals. At this point everyone around us was staring.
They told Micah that he would have to follow them and Melanie escorted him up the stairs to the deck and out of sight. Paul and I just sat there bewildered. Then people around us started asking us what was going on. I explained the situation and they could not understand why he got removed either. After a few minutes Paul and I decided to go find out what was going on.
We made it up the stairs and found Melanie and Micah. Apparently, he'd been given a warning about passing out at the game. Here's the completely stupid part, as we walked around the stadium's inner workings, we noticed about 1 out of 8 people were stupid drunk. I'm talking can't walk straight and tipping over drunk. We all wondered out loud how that was acceptable but a man who was not being obscene nor disruptive was such a nuisance.
We decided that Micah was not going to be able to stay awake and we didn't want to run the risk of getting kicked out. While finding our way to the exit, we came to the realization that we were in the family section. That explained why someone reported Micah for catching some Zzzzz's.
Ironically enough, upon exiting the stadium, we saw a guy holding a girls hair back while she heaved her alcoholic libations straight into the dumpster. On one hand we couldn't blame them wanting to keep the family section free of that sort of thing. But on the other hand, we were a little annoyed that we had to miss the rest of the game. They lost anyways.
Paul and I were a little disappointed because we were treating that as our one-year anniversary present to each other--of dating. Paul and I had only been dating for about 4 months before we got engaged. So we celebrated our 1 year anniversary AFTER we got married.
When we got back to the hotel room, all of us had a good laugh about it. We decided that the next time we watch a Brewer's game, we may try to limit our use of alcohol--or just limit our sitting in the FAMILY section.

No comments:
Post a Comment