Marinette is full of fucked up self-serving assholes... and with that sentiment I say my last goodbye to the tortuous hell that was my "home" for the last 7 months. The cherry on top was the 2 piles of dog shit on the sidewalk in front of our house. Not on the ice or snow, right on the side walk. Which makes us look like even more of redneck hillbillies--the first is living in that shit-hole to start with.
The following is the actual correspondence with the actual "adult" "Operations Manager" of the Best Western Riverfront Inn, Marinnette WI.
Subject: Julie, please read
From: Kirsten Carlson
To: riverfrontinnmarinette@yahoo.com
Julie,
While I've appreciated all the patience that's been granted to me, I have
to be honest about Sunday 2/23/14. I will not be there.
I will take whatever punishment comes with that. Truth is I had requested
this weekend off well in advance and have a group of 10 other people
relying on me.
While I appreciate your patience, it wasn't an elective procedure and its
not like I sat around enjoying myself. It's been a hellish 3 weeks and this
was supposed to be my break from the ER visits, surgery and pain.
I'd appreciate it if you could understand.
Let me know if I should show up next week and when... feel free to email or
call or text.
Regards,
Kirsten
From: Julie Stumbris
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: Julie, please read
To: Kirsten Carlson
Kirsten,
Thank you for the email and the heads up. It's really too bad that you do not understand that everyone has stepped up to cover for you every single time you've called in sick and now with the extended time off, people need a break on this end too. If you are not at work on Sunday, you are telling me that the job is not important to you and that you quit. I hope this is not the case as I really enjoy working with you.
Julie
Julie,
While I've appreciated all the patience that's been granted to me, I have to be honest about Sunday 2/23/14. I will not be there.
I will take whatever punishment comes with that. Truth is I had requested this weekend off well in advance and have a group of 10 other people relying on me.
While I appreciate your patience, it wasn't an elective procedure and its not like I sat around enjoying myself. It's been a hellish 3 weeks and this was supposed to be my break from the ER visits, surgery and pain.
I'd appreciate it if you could understand.
Let me know if I should show up next week and when... feel free to email or call or text.
Regards,
Kirsten
On Feb 21, 2014 4:32 PM, "Julie Stumbris" <riverfrontinnmarinette@yahoo.com> wrote:
Kirsten,
Thank you for the email and the heads up. It's really too bad that you do not understand that everyone has stepped up to cover for you every single time you've called in sick and now with the extended time off, people need a break on this end too. If you are not at work on Sunday, you are telling me that the job is not important to you and that you quit. I hope this is not the case as I really enjoy working with you.
Julie
From: Kirsten Carlson
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Julie, please read
To: Julie Stumbris
Actually, what you're saying is I'm fired if I don't show up. I will not back down and feel bad because I preplanned something. I was never informed that my time off was not approved.
I can absolutely see where you're coming from. People have had to cover. Partly because I wasn't allowed under doctors orders due to a medical condition. The other half was your refusal to schedule me--my doctor cleared me to work when you denied me hours.
I'm truly sorry it has come to this.
From: Julie Stumbris
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: Julie, please read
To: Kirsten Carlson
Kirsten,
I am talking about all the days you have called in sick since you began working in August (including your first day) plus the sick time for the current issue (even though you were cleared for work). I am not firing you, I am saying that the choice is yours to decide on whether the hotel is important to you or not.
Julie
From: Kirsten Carlson
Date: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: Julie, please read
To: Julie Stumbris
Well you want my shirts back and I maintain I didn't quit. So... doesn't matter anyway. Im moving back to our hometown anyways.
I don't recall calling in sick my first day.. so don't know where the hell that came from.
What this is.. a feeble attempt to cover your asses and deny my unemployment. So that's super nice of you guys. I could make Best Western aware of your less than savory practices if you really want to go that route. But instead I'll live and let live. So please... good luck with Best Western. Sorry it turned this way. But being legitimately sick is an excuse. I was upfront and forthright with you from the beginning. So this is just plain b.s.
So.. nice try on that one. If my attendance was such an issue why was I never sat down and coached on it? Instead you choose this bizarre charade attempting to make it look like I had a choice. I had the trip planned for months.. had the time approved.. and you change your mind to punish me for the days I was sick?
Im done with this correspondence because fair doesn't seem to be in the rules..
Best of luck..
Finally I had enough and sent her this after she LIED on my background check questions for a new job I applied for.
Julie,
I would like to know why you put that I am not eligible for rehire do to performance. Performance, like all the customer compliments? That I did my job properly and didn't cut corners? That I helped out with computer issues and always went the extra mile for a customer? I could find a dozen or more people who have stayed there that would beg to differ with you.
You do realize that the outright lie of it being my performance is just that, a lie.. right?
My attendance was an issue, though only really brought up to me in a passive manner on the phone once. I was never sat down and coached on it.
I would appreciate it if you could find the honesty and integrity I know you have to stop trying to slight me in my future employment.
P.S.
I am keeping record of all of this and will be fighting the background check part, even though it did not prevent me getting the new job.
Kirsten
And the classy response I get from one of her subordinate's who was specifically told to not get involved....
On Mar 10, 2014 8:49 AM, "Julie Stumbris" <riverfrontinnmarinette@yahoo.com> wrote:
blah blah blah... stop being a cry baby and move on..
Nona
What a bunch of cunts...
No comments:
Post a Comment